The objective of submeasure 8.1 is to increase the use of agricultural and non-agricultural land for forestry purposes. Agricultural, even non-forest, throughout the region.
The call for proposals is aimed at:
- increase carbon sequestration and reduce atmospheric emissions;
- develop wood productions compatible with the ecological and climatic conditions of the territory, in particular with the "fast-growing species";
- to develop wood productions compatible with the ecological and climatic conditions of the territory, in order to obtain woody assortments and/or non-woody forest products and/or agricultural or zootechnical products;
- improving the environmental conditions of soil, air and water and mitigating and adapting to climate change;
- to conserve and protect biodiversity;
- promoting and improving sustainability, competitiveness and efficiency in the use of agricultural resources.
The notice has an initial budget of 5,537,190.00 euros and provides for a maximum support limit of 200 000.00 euros for establishment costs as an annual premium per hectare to cover maintenance costs for a maximum period of five years.
Subsequently, the financial resources were reshaped for a total amount of 11,074,380.00 euros.