The Monitoring Committee, pursuant to Article 49 of Regulation (EU) 1303/2013, shall perform the following functions:
- evaluate the implementation of the Programme and the progress made in achieving the objectives of the Programme at its annual meeting;
- monitor financial data, common and programme-specific indicators, monitor changes in the value of result indicators and progress towards quantified targets, as well as intermediate targets defined in the framework of the effectiveness of implementation referred to in Article 21(1) and, where appropriate, the results of qualitative analyses;
- examine all aspects which affect the results of the Programme, including the conclusions of the audits on the effectiveness of implementation;
- may give an opinion on any amendments to the Programme proposed by the Managing Authority;
- assesses the progress of the programme, including actions to reduce the administrative burden on beneficiaries. It may comment to the WADA on the progress of the programme including actions relating to the reduction of administrative burdens.
In addition, in accordance with Article 74 of Regulation (EU) 1305/2013, the Monitoring Committee:
- shall issue an opinion, within four months of the approval of the Programme, on the selection criteria for the operations financed, which may be reviewed in the light of programming requirements;
- review activities and products related to progress in the implementation of the programme evaluation plan;
- examine the programme's actions relating to the fulfilment of ex ante conditionalities;
- participate in the national rural network to share and exchange information on the implementation of the programme;
- it shall examine and approve the annual progress reports on the implementation of the programme before they are sent to the Commission.