Support may be requested by:
- private and public foresters;
- other bodies governed by private and public law and consortia thereof.
- investments to prevent damage to forests caused by fire, natural disasters, including plant diseases, and catastrophic events due to climate change.
Creating infrastructure for:
- protection against forest fires;
- fire risk prevention;
- forestry interventions for the introduction/replacement of forest species with species tolerant to aridity and resilient to fire.
- for the installation and improvement of fixed monitoring/observation systems for forest fires and natural disasters (of biotic and abiotic origin) and communication equipment;
- in plumbing and forestry micro-interventions.
Submeasure 8.3 is assessed on the basis of a subdivision into macro-criteria, a minimum permissible score of 8 points and a maximum permissible score of up to 100 points, as defined below:
- territorial scopes, specifically for the location of the intervention, the maximum score achievable is 85 points;
- types of operations activated, specifically by type of intervention, the maximum score is 15 points.
In this case, the beneficiaries do not foresee any relevance in the attribution of the score: projects with smaller investments will be financed on an equal footing.
The financing covers the costs incurred for:
- investment in the construction and adaptation of forest fire protection infrastructure;
- investments for the creation of firebreaks, glades and green areas;
- hydraulic, forestry and naturalistic engineering works;
- protections from beating;
- installation of phytosanitary monitoring traps and pheromones to catch pests;
- forestry measures to protect against forest fires prevention measures against attacks and the spread of forest pests and pathogens;
- preventive forestry measures against drought and desertification;
- investment in the installation or improvement of fixed forest fire monitoring equipment and communication equipment;
- forestry measures to reduce risk;
- purchasing of equipment and means necessary for fire prevention interventions;
- purchasing of equipment necessary for phytosanitary monitoring;
Scope of financing Read less
The support provided for Submeasure 8. 3 is at a rate of 100%.