The objective of Submeasure 8.3 - Operation B is to protect the regional forest heritage with prevention interventions envisaged by the Forest Fire Prevention Plan of the Apulia Region.
The call aims to:
- increase carbon sequestration and carbon conservation in the agricultural and forestry sectors through the protection of forestry assets;
- promote technological innovation in equipment and vehicles;
- reduce the risk of fires by carrying out intercropping, phytosanitary cuts and cultivation treatments in the woods;
- implement fixed forest fire and natural disaster monitoring/observation systems and communication equipment.
- conserve and protect biodiversity;
- promote and improve sustainability, competitiveness and efficiency in the use of forest resources;
- improve the environmental conditions of soil, air and water.
The call provides for a financial allocation of 10 million euros.