The objective of Submeasure 8.3 is to support investments to prevent damage to forests caused by fire, hydrogeological instability, natural disasters and catastrophic events through silvicultural interventions and stabilization works on slopes in erosion.
The aim of the notice is to:
- increase carbon sequestration and reduce emissions;
- improve the environmental conditions of soil, air and water and mitigate climate change;
- ensuring the hydrogeological protection of the territory;
- protect forest ecosystems, improve the eco-systemic functionality of forests and ensure public safety;
- to conserve and protect biodiversity;
- developing technological innovation in equipment and means;
- promoting and improving sustainability, competitiveness and efficiency in the use of agricultural resources.
The notice provides for an initial financial envelope of €7 520 661.00, subsequently reshaped to a total of 15 041 332.00 euros, i.e. the total envelope foreseen for Submeasure 8.3 for the entire 2014/2020 programming period.