The call, with an initial budget of 60 million euros, and an additional allocation of 60 million euros, aims to improve the profitability, competitiveness and sustainability of farms through:
- technological innovation, in particular that relating to the introduction of equipment,
- machines, equipment and systems that improve product quality and reduce production costs;
- varietal conversion and diversification of regional agricultural production;
- increasing added value through horizontal integration;
- improving the environmental sustainability of farm production activities;
- the reduction of the energy supply from fossil sources with the use of renewable energy sources such as biomass, which, however, cannot derive from dedicated crops;
- the implementation of interventions aimed at saving water and efficiency of the company's water networks.