The funding may be applied by:
- public and private forest owners;
- physical persons; consortia, public bodies and other subjects of public law;
- private entities;
- municipal administrations;
- small and medium-sized forestry enterprises, public foresters and public foresters, in individual and associated forms.
Measure 8. 5 aims to promote and support:
- sustainable forest management aimed at the protection of forest biodiversity and the public use of forests
- silvicultural interventions for renaturalisation in the most artificial productive forest systems
- forestry measures to improve biodiversity and to protect and restore valuable forest habitats
- investments for the enhancement of the forests from an educational, recreational and tourist point of view.