Support may be requested by:
- private and public foresters;
- other bodies governed by private and public law and consortia thereof.
- investments to prevent damage to forests caused by fire, natural disasters, including plant diseases, and catastrophic events due to climate change.
Creating infrastructure for:
- protection against forest fires;
- fire risk prevention;
- forestry interventions for the introduction/replacement of forest species with species tolerant to aridity and resilient to fire.
- for the installation and improvement of fixed monitoring/observation systems for forest fires and natural disasters (of biotic and abiotic origin) and communication equipment;
- in plumbing and forestry micro-interventions.
Submeasure 8.3 is assessed on the basis of a subdivision into macro-criteria, a minimum permissible score of 8 points and a maximum permissible score of up to 100 points, as defined below:
- territorial scopes, specifically for the location of the intervention, the maximum score achievable is 85 points;
- types of operations activated, specifically by type of intervention, the maximum score is 15 points.
In this case, the beneficiaries do not foresee any relevance in the attribution of the score: projects with smaller investments will be financed on an equal footing.
The financing covers the costs incurred for:
- investment in the construction and adaptation of forest fire protection infrastructure;
- investments for the creation of firebreaks, glades and green areas;
- hydraulic, forestry and naturalistic engineering works;
- protections from beating;
- installation of phytosanitary monitoring traps and pheromones to catch pests;
- forestry measures to protect against forest fires prevention measures against attacks and the spread of forest pests and pathogens;
- preventive forestry measures against drought and desertification;
- investment in the installation or improvement of fixed forest fire monitoring equipment and communication equipment;
- forestry measures to reduce risk;
- purchasing of equipment and means necessary for fire prevention interventions;
- purchasing of equipment necessary for phytosanitary monitoring;
Scope of financing
The support provided for Submeasure 8. 3 is at a rate of 100%.
Operation 8.3 B - Support for interventions foreseen by the Forest Fire Prevention Plan (A.I.B.) of the Apulia Region
Who can benefit
You can request support:
The Apulia Region in implementation of the A.I.B. Plan and LR 1/2023, also through the Agency
Regional for irrigation and forestry activities, established pursuant to Regional Law no. 3/2010,
according to the roles and activities identified within the A.I.B. Plan.
What are the objectives
- investments to prevent damage to forests caused by fires and natural disasters including plant diseases and catastrophic events due to climate change.
Create infrastructure for:
- forest fire protection;
- fire risk prevention;
- silvicultural interventions to prevent fire risk.
- for the installation and improvement of fixed monitoring/observation systems forest fires and natural disasters (of biotic and abiotic origin) and equipment communication.
The evaluation of Submeasure 8.3.b involves a subdivision into macro-criteria, a score
minimum admissible equal to 15 points and a maximum score that can reach 100 points, thus
- territorial areas, specifically for the location of the intervention, the maximum score obtainable is 85 points;
- types of operations activated, specifically by type of intervention, the score maximum is 15 points.
In reference to the types of intervention, the micro-interventions of hydraulic-forestry arrangement are not valued at a score level as the current A.I.B. Plan. (D.G.R. n.758/2023) because they are classified as post-fire interventions, and therefore responding to the intervention purposes of the submeasure 8.4 rather than submeasure 8.3.
The financing covers these type of costs:
- investments for the construction and adaptation of forest fire protection infrastructures;
- investments for the creation of firebreaks and forest roads for monitoring and surveillance activities to prevent fires;
- investments for the construction or restoration of storage tanks/tanks, water supply points for fire prevention interventions in areas;
- purchase of the equipment and means necessary for fire prevention interventions: forestry tractors, multifunctional self-propelled forestry machines, chainsaws and accessories for cutting operations;
- silvicultural interventions to prevent fire risk: intercropping and thinning in coniferous forests; phytosanitary cuts in broad-leaved forests; crop care and brush clearing;
- investments for the installation or improvement of fixed equipment for monitoring forest fires and communication equipment: watchtowers, video control and radio and telecommunications systems, drones and related hardware and software;
- general expenses, up to a maximum of 12% of the expenditure eligible for financing.
Amount of financing Read less
The support envisaged for Submeasure 8.3 - Operation B provides a rate of 100%.