Olive growers, active farmers - individual farmers and farmers' associations - located in areas infected by Xylella fastidiosa may apply for support.
The boundaries of the infected area are periodically updated by the Puglia Region, based on the progress or regress of the disease, as provided for in the Implementing Decision 2015/789/EU of the European Commission and subsequent amendments and additions.
- be in compliance with social security, welfare and insurance payments and obligations;
- present a business plan;
- have a standard production of not less than 8,000 euros, of which at least 2,000 euros attributable to olive oil groves;
- not be a firm in difficulty;
- not having committed serious crimes against the State or the European Community.
Improving the competitiveness and sustainability of olive farms located in the area infected by Xylella fastidiosa.
The investments must:
- encourage the varietal conversion and crop diversification of regional agricultural products;
- expand the supply and increasing the added value of agricultural enterprises through the horizontal integration of activities and production;
- improve the environmental sustainability of the company's production activities;
- encourage the use of renewable energy sources such as biomass, without however resorting to dedicated crops;
- optimise the consumption of the company's water networks.