Submeasure 8.5 promotes sustainable forest management aimed at protecting forest biodiversity, both animal and plant, and the public enjoyment of forests.
One of the objectives of the opinion is to promote sustainable forest management, with a view to protecting both animal and plant biodiversity and public use of forests:
- environmental protection and improvement of the ecological efficiency of forest ecosystems;
- the provision of ecosystem services and the public benefit enhancement of forests and wooded areas;
- the hydrogeological defence of the territory;
- improving the environmental conditions of soil, air and water and mitigating climate change;
- conservation and protection of biodiversity.
The notice provides for an initial financial allocation of 13,388,430 euros, with a maximum investment limit of 200,000.00 euros. Subsequently, the financial resources were increased by 20%, or 2,677,686.00 euros, for a total financial allocation of 16,066,116.00 euros.