The purpose of the tender for Operation 4.1C, which is allocated financial resources amounting to 32 million euros, is to improve the profitability, competitiveness and sustainability of olive oil companies in the areas affected by the Xylella fastidiosa through:
- technological innovation, in particular the introduction of plants, machinery, equipment and systems that improve product quality and reduce production costs;
- varietal conversion and diversification of regional agricultural production;
- increasing added value through horizontal integration;
- improving the environmental sustainability of farm production activities;
- reducing the supply of energy from fossil fuels through the use of renewable energy sources;
- implementation of measures aimed at saving water and improving the efficiency of the company's water networks.